We want you to be completely satisfied with every item that you purchase from Pet.co.nz. But we understand that there may be times when you will need to return a product that you have purchased from us, and we aim to make this process as easy and hassle free as possible!
Our returns policy has been constructed to comply with the relevant consumer rights and retailer obligations as set out under the New Zealand Consumer Law.
You are entitled to a refund, replacement or credit from Pet.co.nz when an item purchased fails to meet one of the consumer guarantees as per the New Zealand Consumer Law, i.e. the product:
- Is faulty or of unacceptable quality
- Does not match the description or sample
- Is unfit for the intended purpose (i.e. does not do what it is meant to do)
- Is not delivered in a reasonable time frame
- This also includes non-compliance with any applicable warranties or guarantees as set out by the manufacturer (e.g. the palatability guarantee on super premium foods).
If you wish to return an item that is not outlined above, for reasons such as change of mind, selecting the wrong size or flavour, then we will accept returns of packages within 30 days of the order date and issue either a full refund if the original purchase price.
Please note the following exceptions to our returns policy:
- Clearance & short-dated products are final sale and cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returned items must be unused and in the same condition that you received them in
- Returned items should not be expired
- Returned items must be in the original box/packaging and still have the tags attached
- Returned items must have no visible signs of wear
- Proof of purchase is required for all returns. This can be in the form of your receipt/tax invoice, a debit/credit card statement, or online purchase transaction history
If your return fails to meet the above conditions then we will be unable to process a refund or credit.
To initiate a return or exchange, please complete the following steps:
- Please complete this form, email a copy to us and attach the form to your return
- Please note that without this form attached to your order, we cannot process a return back into our warehouse
- If you want to discuss a return before sending it, please don't hesitate to contact us
Pet.co.nz is happy to provide you with a return courier ticket for products which fail to meet the consumer guarantees as per the New Zealand Consumer Law due to fault, or if we have incorrectly sent you the wrong product. For any ‘change of mind' returns, it is your responsibility to cover all delivery charges incurred.
If you have any questions or need further information please don’t hesitate to contact us.