Orijen Cat & Kitten Dry Food Information
Orijen Cat & Kitten Food is Biologically Appropriate™ for cats of all life stages and is made with fresh free-run chicken, turkey, nest-laid eggs & wild-caught fish.
- 85% POULTRY | FISH | EGG INGREDIENTS
- 15% VEGETABLES | FRUITS | BOTANICALS
- 0% GRAIN | POTATO | TAPIOCA | PLANT PROTEIN CONCENTRATES
Cats and kittens are built like their ancestors, possessing a biological need for a diet rich and varied in animal protein.
- With 40% richly nourishing protein, and a limited 19% low-glycemic carbohydrates, ORIJEN nourishes cats and kittens according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Unmatched by any other cat or kitten food, 2/3 of ORJEN’s meats are FRESH (refrigerated, no preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, no preservatives), including the top 10 ingredients.
- 1/3 of meat is gently dehydrated at 90°C from fresh chicken, turkey and fish to create a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats, organs, and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat or kitten needs.
- Generous infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavour and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for selective eaters.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY
The Near Eastern wild cat is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic cats. While years of breeding have produced different kinds of cats, the internal workings of wild and domestic cats remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our 5 Biologically Appropriate™ principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meats that cats are evolved to eat.
- Rich in meat (85%) and protein (40%)
All cats are adapted for a diet rich in meat and protein. Their sharp teeth and body mechanics are designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is created to nourish your cat or kitten according to her biological needs.
- 85% meat ingredients (2/3 FRESH or RAW and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 15% low-glycemic vegetables and fruits
- 40% richly nourishing meat protein
- 100% of meat ingredients from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
- NO plant proteins extracts or concentrates (potato or pea protein)
- NO high-glycemic carbohydrates (tapioca, potato, rice)
- NO glutens or grains
- Unmatched fresh meat inclusions (2/3)
Fresh meats are the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN.
- 2/3 of the meats are FRESH or RAW, supplying your cat with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of meats are dehydrated at low temperature for a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- An abundant variety of meats (5)
In nature, cats benefit from an assortment of meats. This variety is often lost in conventional cat foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient such as chicken or lamb that is highly processed and seldom fresh.
That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Cat & Kitten features a rich diversity of fresh meats in Biologically Appropriate™ WholePrey™ ratios to nourish your cat or kitten’s peak growth and development:
- Fresh free-run Cobb chicken from Prairie Farms
- Fresh free-run turkey from Prairie Farms
- Fresh and whole nest-laid eggs from Prairie Farms
- Fresh, whole Pacific flounder and Pacific herring wild-caught from North Vancouver Island
- WholePrey™ meat ratios
WholePrey™ represents the evolution of ORIJEN foods, incorporating fresh meats, organ meats and cartilage in ratios that mirror nature and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic supplements.
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium in natural form your cat’s body can easily absorb.
- Carbohydrate-limited (20%)
Cats are obligate carnivores and have no biological requirement for carbohydrates yet conventional cat foods still contain large amounts of high-glycemic carbohydrates such as potato and tapioca, which are often cited as a leading cause of obesity and diabetes.
Biologically Appropriate™ ORIJEN Cat & Kitten is a protein-rich and carbohydrate-limited food featuring lentils, chickpeas, squash, greens and fruits which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.
ONLY 3 SUPPLEMENTS – ZINC, COPPER & CHOLINE
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so cats derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals, which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive.
That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetic supplements in ORIJEN cat foods. Loaded with richly nourishing ratios of fresh poultry, organs and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and whole eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat or kitten needs to thrive.
Please note images are of 5.4kg bags only, packaging may vary depending on weight.
85% MEAT | 15% FRUITS & VEGETABLES
Fresh chicken meat (18%), fresh turkey meat (7%), fresh whole eggs (5%), fresh chicken liver (5%), fresh whole flounder (4%), fresh whole herring (4%), fresh turkey liver (4%), fresh chicken heart (4%), fresh turkey heart (4%), fresh chicken necks (4%), chicken (dehydrated, 4%), turkey (dehydrated, 4%), whole mackerel (dehydrated, 4%), whole sardine (dehydrated, 4%), whole herring (dehydrated, 4%), chicken fat (3%), whole red lentils, whole green peas, whole green lentils, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, lentil fiber, whole pinto beans, whole navy beans, chicken cartilage (dehydrated, 1%), herring oil (1%), chicken liver (freeze-dried), turkey liver (freeze-dried), fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole zucchini, fresh whole parsnips, fresh carrots, fresh whole red delicious apples, fresh whole bartlett pears, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh beet greens, fresh turnip greens, brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, whole saskatoon berries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium.
ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Zinc chelate: 100 mg; Copper chelate: 11 mg; Choline chloride: 1200 mg.
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Although they may look different, your cat shares her DNA and eating anatomy with the Near Eastern wild cat, which means she’s adapted for a diet rich and varied in meat — not high-glycemic carbohydrates and grains.
|Crude protein (Min):||40%|
|Fat content (Min):||20%|
|Crude ash (Min):||8.0%|
|Crude fibers (Max):||3.0%|
|Omega-6 fatty acids (Min):||3.1%|
|Omega-3 fatty acids (Min):||1%|
YOUR CAT IS UNIQUE
Your cat or kitten is unique and her feeding requirements will vary with her environment, age and activity.
That’s why we suggest starting with the guides below, and then monitoring her weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember always to keep fresh, clean water available.
By providing more calories from protein and fat (and fewer from carbohydrates), ORIJEN Cat & Kitten distributes calories to mirror the natural feline diet, reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes.
Metabolizable Energy is 4160 kcal/kg (540 kcal per 250ml/130g cup) with calories distributed to support peak conditioning; 39% from protein, 18% from vegetables and fruits, and 43% from fat.
Orijen Cat & Kitten Dry Food
Estimate delivery time for Cat & Kitten Dry Food
Want to pay less for your pet food every time?
With AutoShip your pet's favourite food is delivered to your door like clockwork. No more annoying trips to the store or lugging heavy bags of food around.
Your pet's food is delivered on the schedule you choose and will arrive just when you need it. You'll never run out of pet food ever again - AND better still, you'll save on every delivery!
It's super easy to adjust or cancel your order at any time.
AutoShip: it's the fastest, cheapest and easiest way to order your pet's food.
Let's show you how it works...
- Simply choose your pet's favourite food.
- Select how often you'd like it delivered, add it to your cart and head to the checkout.
- The Pet.co.nz delivery team will jump into action, pick and pack your parcel and bring it straight to your door.
- The best thing about AutoShip? Your repeat delivery will arrive like clockwork every few weeks, just when you need it.
Question & Answers
Be the first to ask a question about this productAsk a question
Orijen Cat & Kitten Dry Food Reviews
- Good Value (6)
- Likes It (14)
- Easy To Digest (10)
- Nutritional (13)
- Improves Coat (13)
- All Natural (15)
- Good Taste (12)
- Poor Value (1)
- Active Cats (10)
- Everyday (11)
- Indoor Cats (11)
- Kittens (13)
- Older Cats (6)