Hill's Prescription Diet a/d Urgent Care Wet Dog & Cat Food Information
24 x 156g cans
This diet is supplied by PETstock Vet, Pet.co.nz's vet partner. Before you can purchase this food you must have had it prescribed by your vet. If this is not the case please contact our helpdesk or your local vet.
For the nutritional support of pets recovering from serious illness, accident and surgery
Cats and dogs can undergo significant metabolic changes when recovering from a serious illness, injury or surgery. During these stressful conditions the body is challenged to maintain strong natural defences and spare lean body mass, which makes it is even more important to feed the right food. Cats and dogs need extra energy and nutrients, in an appetising form, to encourage the recovery process.
Hills Prescription Diet a/d is formulated with the following benefits:
- Highly digestible ingredients and extra calories to help during recovery
- Highly digestible proteins to help wound and tissue healing, preserving lean body mass and promoting a healthy immune system
- Increased level of potassium to help avoid depletion
- Highly palatability with a soft consistency aids acceptance by inappetant pets and gives flexibility in feeding -- by bowl, spoon, syringe or feeding tube
Hill's Prescription Diet a/d Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs and cats need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Hill's Prescription Diet foods can help your pet to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Water, Pork Liver, Chicken, Turkey Liver, Turkey Heart, Corn Flour, Pork Protein Isolate, Fish Oil, Chicken Liver Flavor, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Potassium Chloride, Guar Gum, Taurine, Choline Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid), Magnesium Oxide, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Beta-Carotene.
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Canned 1151 kcal/kg (180 kcal/156g can)
|Glutamine / Glutamate||5.17|
|Branched Chain Amino Acid Total||6.42|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids Total||2.46|
Daily Feeding Guide
Individual requirements may vary depending on pre-existing nutritional status and medical condition. In patients where normal G.I. function has been compromised by anorexia, a three-day transitional feeding strategy may be necessary.
Day One 1/3 of daily caloric intake with 2/3 water dilution
Day Two 2/3 of daily caloric intake with 1/3 water dilution
Day Three Entire daily caloric intake
Select a feeding schedule based on the following patient criteria:
Schedule 1 Cage Rest
Schedule 2 Surgery, Sepsis, Cancer, Trauma, Fever, Feline Hepatic Lipidosis
Schedule 3 Severe Burn, Injury or Head Trauma
- The following daily intakes are intended as a guide and should be adjusted as needed to achieve or maintain optimum body weight.
- Divide into three to six equal daily feedings to minimize gastrointestinal side effects. (1 can = 150 ml.)
using 5.5 oz (156 g) can
|Weight of Animal||Schedule 1|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||117||140||187|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||166||200||266|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||197||236||315|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||267||320||427|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||331||397||529|
|30 lb (14 kg)||448||538||717|
|40 lb (18 kg)||556||668||890|
|50 lb (23 kg)||658||789||1052|
|60 lb (27 kg)||754||905||1207|
|70 lb (32 kg)||847||1016||1355|
|80 lb (36 kg)||936||1123||1497|
|90 lb (41 kg)||1022||1227||1635|
|100 lb (45 kg)||1106||1327||1770|
Hill's Prescription Diet a/d Urgent Care Wet Dog & Cat Food
Want to pay less for your pet food every time?
With AutoShip your pet's favourite food is delivered to your door like clockwork. No more annoying trips to the store or lugging heavy bags of food around.
Your pet's food is delivered on the schedule you choose and will arrive just when you need it. You'll never run out of pet food ever again - AND better still, you'll save on every delivery!
It's super easy to adjust or cancel your order at any time.
AutoShip: it's the fastest, cheapest and easiest way to order your pet's food.
Let's show you how it works...
- Simply choose your pet's favourite food.
- Select how often you'd like it delivered, add it to your cart and head to the checkout.
- The Pet.co.nz delivery team will jump into action, pick and pack your parcel and bring it straight to your door.
- The best thing about AutoShip? Your repeat delivery will arrive like clockwork every few weeks, just when you need it.
Question & Answers
Be the first to ask a question about this productAsk a question
Hill's Prescription Diet a/d Urgent Care Wet Dog & Cat Food Reviews
Be the first to review this productWrite a review