Royal Canin Adult Maxi Dog Food Information
Royal Canin Large Breed Adult Dog Food
Even during adulthood, large-breed dogs are subject to the effects of early ageing, such as joint sensitivity and heart and digestive troubles. Research indicates that glucosamine hydrochloride and chondroitin sulfate, compounds naturally produced by the body, help maintain healthy joint cartilage. Vitamin E and vitamin C, key compounds with a natural antioxidant function in cells, help large breed dogs maintain optimal health throughout their entire life. A diet with an optimal amino acid level promotes overall health and vitality.
- Customised Kibble Shape: The design of the kibble is one of the key factors that sets Royal Canin apart, they consider all the unique aspects of the animal and design a food is that is easy to pick up and chew.
- Easy to Digest: Large breed dogs are known for having more difficulty digesting their food than small breed dogs because of the proportionately smaller size of their digestive tract. High quality protein sources (chicken meal and egg) and high quality carbohydrate sources and beet pulp help to promote digestion.
- Ideal Body Weight: It is important to keep your large breed dog at an ideal weight to ensure optimal health for a long life. The combination of a moderate fat content (16%) and optimal protein content (25%) helps to limit weight gain while maintaining your adult dog's muscle mass.
Made Specifically For: Large-Breed dogs (25 to 40kg) from 15 months to 5 years of age
Please note that bags weighing 8kg and above do not come with zip lock feature
Maize, dehydrated poultry protein, maize flour, animal fats, dehydrated pork protein, hydrolysed animal proteins, beet pulp, maize gluten, minerals, fish oil, soya oil, yeasts, hydrolysed crustaceans (source of glucosamine), hydrolysed cartilage (source of chondroitin). ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Vitamin A: 16000 IU, Vitamin D3: 1000 IU, E1 (Iron): 50 mg, E2 (Iodine): 5.1 mg, E4 (Copper): 10 mg, E5 (Manganese): 66 mg, E6 (Zinc): 197 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.09 mg - Preservatives - Antioxidants. ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein: 26% - Fat content: 17% - Crude ash: 6.3% - Crude fibres: 1.2% - Per kg: Omega 3 fatty acids: 7.7 g including EPA/DHA: 4 g.
|Crude fibre (%)||1.2|
|Dietary fibre (%)||6.1|
|Glucosamine plus chondroitin (mg/kg)||500.0|
|Linoleic acid (%)||2.96|
|Metabolisable energy (calculated according to NRC85) (kcal/kg)||3755.0|
|Metabolisable energy (measured) (kcal/kg)||3989.0|
|Nitrogen-free extract (NFE) (%)||40.0|
|Omega 6 (%)||3.18|
|Vitamin A (UI/kg)||17000.0|
|Vitamin C (mg/kg)||200.0|
|Vitamin E (mg/kg)||500.0|
|Vitamin B1 Thiamin (mg/kg)||4.2|
|Vitamin B2 Riboflavin (mg/kg)||3.8|
|Vitamin B3 Niacin (mg/kg)||15.0|
|Vitamin B5 Pantothenic acid (mg/kg)||25.4|
|Vitamin B6 Pyridoxine (mg/kg)||8.2|
|Vitamin D3 (UI/kg)||1000.0|
Your Dog is Unique!
Just like humans every dog is different when it comes to their dietary needs, this means your pets feeding requirements will vary depending on their breed, environment, age and activity. The below table and the information on the bag is to be used as a starting point, it is important to monitor your dogs weight and adjust their rations as needed.
As it takes time for your dogs digestive system to adapt to the different nutrient levels in a new food it is important to transition your dog correctly from one food to the next to reduce the chance of your pet having an upset stomach. We suggest you take 7 days to transition your dog from the old food to the new food. Start with the majority of the old food and a small amount of the new food on day one and slowly increase the proportion of the new food while decreasing the old food until you are feeding 100% of the new food on day 7.
We also recommend feeding your dog twice daily and ensure that your dog always has fresh, clean water available to drink.
|26 kg||28 kg||30 kg||32 kg||34 kg||36 kg||38 kg||40 kg||42 kg||44 kg|
|Normal Activity||274 g||2+7/8 cup||290 g||3 cup||305 g||3+1/8 cup||320 g||3+3/8 cup||335 g||3+4/8 cup||350 g||3+5/8 cup||364 g||3+6/8 cup||379 g||4 cup||393 g||4+1/8 cup||407 g||4+2/8 cup|
|Moderate Activity||318 g||3+3/8 cup||336 g||3+4/8 cup||353 g||3+5/8 cup||371 g||3+7/8 cup||388 g||4 cup||405 g||4+2/8 cup||422 g||4+3/8 cup||439 g||4+5/8 cup||455 g||4+6/8 cup||471 g||4+7/8 cup|
|High Activity||361 g||3+6/8 cup||381 g||4 cup||402 g||4+2/8 cup||422 g||4+3/8 cup||441 g||4+5/8 cup||461 g||4+6/8 cup||480 g||5 cup||498 g||5+2/8 cup||517 g||5+3/8 cup||535 g||5+5/8 cup|
Royal Canin Adult Maxi Dog Food
Want to pay less for your pet food every time?
With AutoShip your pet's favourite food is delivered to your door like clockwork. No more annoying trips to the store or lugging heavy bags of food around.
Your pet's food is delivered on the schedule you choose and will arrive just when you need it. You'll never run out of pet food ever again - AND better still, you'll save on every delivery!
It's super easy to adjust or cancel your order at any time.
AutoShip: it's the fastest, cheapest and easiest way to order your pet's food.
Let's show you how it works...
- Simply choose your pet's favourite food.
- Select how often you'd like it delivered, add it to your cart and head to the checkout.
- The Pet.co.nz delivery team will jump into action, pick and pack your parcel and bring it straight to your door.
- The best thing about AutoShip? Your repeat delivery will arrive like clockwork every few weeks, just when you need it.
Royal Canin Adult Maxi Dog Food Reviews
- Good Value (10)
- Dog Likes It (16)
- Easy To Digest (10)
- Nutritional (11)
- Improves Coat (9)
- Tasty (9)
- Expensive (4)
- Messy (1)
- Active Dogs (9)
- Larger Dogs (14)
- Older Dogs (2)