Royal Canin Chihuahua Dry Dog Food Information
Every breed is made different. The Breed Health Nutrition range from Royal Canin is developed to meet the needs and particularities of each breed, and your Chihuahua is no exception. The whole Breed Health Nutrition range benefits from the latest progress of Royal Canin’s research: selection of the best protein sources, unique ingredients and flavours, and tailor-made kibbles designed in their shape, texture and size to fit both different jaws and the dog’s age.
- Fussy Appetite: The Chihuahua's sense of smell is less developed than that of a larger breed dog. Intense flavours and aromas stimulate even the most delicate appetite.
- Heart Health: Royal Canin have combined L-carnitine, modified sodium levels and synergistic antioxidants for improved cardiac function supporting the long-life span of the Chihuahua.
- Tartar Reduction: Sodium tripolyphosphate and a specialized kibble create a "brushing" effect helping to reduce plaque and tartar.
- Stool Odour Reduction: Because of its small size, the Chihuahua is the ideal indoor dog and can live in smaller homes or apartments. Royal Canin include highly digestible proteins to help limit the amount and odour of stools.
Made Specifically For: Adult and mature Chihuahuas over 8 months old
Rice, maize, dehydrated poultry protein, vegetable protein isolate*, animal fats, hydrolysed animal proteins, beet pulp, vegetable fibres, minerals, fish oil, soya oil, fructo-oligo-saccharides, borage oil, marigold extract (source of lutein), green tea and grape extracts (source of polyphenols), hydrolysed crustaceans (source of glucosamine), hydrolysed cartilage (source of chondroitin).
ADDITIVES (per kg):
|Vitamin A:||30200 IU|
|Vitamin D3:||800 IU|
|E1 (Iron):||49 mg|
|E2 (Iodine):||4.9 mg|
|E4 (Copper):||9 mg|
|E5 (Manganese):||64 mg|
|E6 (Zinc):||192 mg|
|E8 (Selenium):||0.11 mg|
Technological additives: Pentasodium triphosphate: 3.5 g
Preservatives - Antioxidants.
|Polyphenols from green tea & grapes||150 mg/kg|
|Metabolisable energy:||3726 kcal/kg*|
|Metabolisable energy:||3978 kcal/kg|
|Nitrogen-free extract (NFE):||39.6%|
|Vitamin A:||31000 UI/kg|
|Vitamin C:||300 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E:||600 mg/kg|
|Glucosamine plus chondroitin:||500 mg/kg|
|Folic acid:||13.8 mg/kg|
|Vitamin B1 Thiamin:||27.4 mg/kg|
|Vitamin B2 Riboflavin:||49.3 mg/kg|
|Vitamin B3 Niacin:||490.1 mg/kg|
|Vitamin B5 Pantothenic acid:||147.3 mg/kg|
|Vitamin B6 Pyridoxine:||76.9 mg/kg|
|Vitamin D3:||800 UI/kg|
Your Dog is Unique!
Just like humans every dog is different when it comes to their dietary needs, this means your pets feeding requirements will vary depending on their breed, environment, age and activity. The below table and the information on the bag is to be used as a starting point, it is important to monitor your dogs weight and adjust their rations as needed.
As it takes time for your dogs digestive system to adapt to the different nutrient levels in a new food it is important to transition your dog correctly from one food to the next to reduce the chance of your pet having an upset stomach. We suggest you take 7 days to transition your dog from the old food to the new food. Start with the majority of the old food and a small amount of the new food on day one and slowly increase the proportion of the new food while decreasing the old food until you are feeding 100% of the new food on day 7.
We also recommend feeding your dog twice daily and ensure that your dog always has fresh, clean water available to drink.
|Adult weight||1 kg||1,5 kg||2 kg||2,5 kg||3 kg||3,5 kg|
|No exercise||27 g||3/8 cup||36 g||3/8 cup||45 g||4/8 cup||53 g||5/8 cup||60 g||6/8 cup||68 g||6/8 cup|
|<1hr/day||31 g||3/8 cup||42 g||4/8 cup||52 g||5/8 cup||61 g||6/8 cup||70 g||6/8 cup||79 g||7/8 cup|
|> 1hr/day||35 g||3/8 cup||47 g||4/8 cup||59 g||5/8 cup||69 g||6/8 cup||80 g||7/8 cup||89 g||1 cup|
Royal Canin Chihuahua Dry Dog Food
Want to pay less for your pet food every time?
With AutoShip your pet's favourite food is delivered to your door like clockwork. No more annoying trips to the store or lugging heavy bags of food around.
Your pet's food is delivered on the schedule you choose and will arrive just when you need it. You'll never run out of pet food ever again - AND better still, you'll save on every delivery!
It's super easy to adjust or cancel your order at any time.
AutoShip: it's the fastest, cheapest and easiest way to order your pet's food.
Let's show you how it works...
- Simply choose your pet's favourite food.
- Select how often you'd like it delivered, add it to your cart and head to the checkout.
- The Pet.co.nz delivery team will jump into action, pick and pack your parcel and bring it straight to your door.
- The best thing about AutoShip? Your repeat delivery will arrive like clockwork every few weeks, just when you need it.
Question & Answers
Be the first to ask a question about this productAsk a question
Royal Canin Chihuahua Dry Dog Food Reviews
- Good Value (8)
- Dog Likes It (15)
- Easy To Digest (9)
- Nutritional (13)
- Improves Coat (8)
- Tasty (6)
- Expensive (3)
- Hard to Digest (1)
- Dog Doesn't Like It (1)
- Active Dogs (3)
- Older Dogs (1)
- Smaller Dogs (14)