Hill's Science Diet Dry Puppy Food Information
Hill's Science Diet Puppy pet food gives your puppy the right balance of essential nutrients to start your puppy off right. An ideal combination of tasty ingredients helps a puppy's body grow strong and healthy. It is enhanced with natural DHA, an Omega-3 fatty acid vital in the development of the brain and nervous system in puppies. Science Diet Puppy gives your dog the foundation for a lifetime of good health. Also great for pregnant and nursing dogs.
- Superior Antioxidant Formula: Promotes a healthy immune system to give puppies a great start in life.
Antioxidants are known to help slow cell oxidation.
- Enhanced with Natural DHA: Important for brain and vision development.
- Naturally Preserved: Mixed tocopherols (a form of vitamin E) preserve freshness and great taste.
- Nourishing Fatty Acids: Helps maintain proper function of nervous and immune systems, as well as promote healthy skin and shiny coat.
- High-Quality Protein: Helps build strong bones and muscles, and ensure optimal growth and development.
- Digestible Carbohydrates: Supply abundant energy for active puppies, while promoting gentle digestion.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Provide an ideal balance of vitamins and minerals for growing puppies.
Made Specifically For: Puppies up to 1 year of age
New puppy? Check out our puppy essentials page for all the information you need.
Chicken Meal, Cracked Pearled Barley, Pork Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Corn, Whole Grain Sorghum, Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Fish Oil, Flaxseed, Lactic Acid, Pork Flavor, Soybean Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate, Iodized Salt, Potassium Chloride, L-Lysine, Choline Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Oat Fiber, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene, Apples, Broccoli, Carrots, Cranberries, Green Peas
|Nutrient||Dry Matter %|
|Vitamin C||311 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||636 IU/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids Total||1.08|
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
New to this food? Mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
Keep fresh water available at all times!
Your pet's nutritional needs may change as they age. Ask your vet at every checkup.
Science Diet is available in a wide variety of dry and canned foods for your pet's unique needs.
To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
Daily Feeding Guide
|Weight of Dog||Growth less than 4 months||Growth 4 to 9 months||Growth 10 to 12 months|
|(Pregnancy weeks 7 - 9)||(Pregnancy weeks 5 - 6)||(Pregnancy weeks 1 - 4)|
|2 lb (0,9 kg)||1/2 cup (50 g)||3/8 cup (35 g)||1/3 cup (35 g)|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1 cup (100 g)||7/8 cup (85 g)||2/3 cup (65 g)|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||1 1/2 cups (150 g)||1 1/4 cups (125 g)||1 cup (100 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 3/4 cups (175 g)||1 1/2 cups (150 g)||1 1/8 cups (110 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||3 cups (295 g)||2 1/2 cups (250 g)||2 cups (200 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||5 cups (495 g)||4 cups (395 g)||3 1/4 cups (320 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||6 2/3 cups (660 g)||5 1/2 cups (545 g)||4 1/3 cups (430 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||8 1/4 cups (815 g)||6 3/4 cups (670 g)||5 1/2 cups (545 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||9 3/4 cups (965 g)||8 cups (790 g)||6 1/2 cups (645 g)|
|120 lb (54 kg)||11 1/4 cups (1115 g)||9 1/4 cups (915 g)||7 1/2 cups (745 g)|
Not Recommended For: Adult dogs, mature adult dogs, obese or obese-prone dogs.
Hill's Science Diet Dry Puppy Food
Want to pay less for your pet food every time?
With AutoShip your pet's favourite food is delivered to your door like clockwork. No more annoying trips to the store or lugging heavy bags of food around.
Your pet's food is delivered on the schedule you choose and will arrive just when you need it. You'll never run out of pet food ever again - AND better still, you'll save on every delivery!
It's super easy to adjust or cancel your order at any time.
AutoShip: it's the fastest, cheapest and easiest way to order your pet's food.
Let's show you how it works...
- Simply choose your pet's favourite food.
- Select how often you'd like it delivered, add it to your cart and head to the checkout.
- The Pet.co.nz delivery team will jump into action, pick and pack your parcel and bring it straight to your door.
- The best thing about AutoShip? Your repeat delivery will arrive like clockwork every few weeks, just when you need it.
Question & Answers
Be the first to ask a question about this productAsk a question
Hill's Science Diet Dry Puppy Food Reviews
- Good Value (13)
- Dog Likes It (39)
- Easy To Digest (28)
- Nutritional (34)
- Improves Coat (24)
- Tasty (25)
- Expensive (12)
- Hard to Digest (1)
- Dog Doesn't Like It (2)
- Active Dogs (13)
- Larger Dogs (3)
- Older Dogs (3)
- Puppies (37)
- Smaller Dogs (5)