Orijen Dry Puppy Food Information
Orijen Puppy Food is Biologically Appropriate™ for puppies and made with fresh free-run chicken and turkey, nest-laid eggs and wild caught fish.
- 85% POULTRY | FISH | EGG INGREDIENTS
- 15% VEGETABLES | FRUITS | BOTANICALS
- 0% GRAIN | POTATO | TAPIOCA | PLANT PROTEIN CONCENTRATES
All puppies require a diet rich in proteins and fats from a variety of fresh whole meats to fully support their rapid growth and development.
- With 38% richly nourishing protein, and a limited 17% low-glycemic carbohydrates, ORIJEN nourishes puppies according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Unmatched by any other puppy food, 2/3 of ORIJEN meats are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 10 ingredients.
- 1/3 of meats are air dried at 90°C from fresh chicken, turkey and fish to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein to support your growing puppy.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats, organs, and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and fresh whole eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your puppy needs.
- Infusions of freeze-dried chicken and turkey liver enhance flavour naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty for the fussiest of puppies.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY
The gray wolf is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic dogs. While years of breeding have produced hundreds of ‘different looking wolves’, the internal workings of wolves and dogs remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our 5 Biologically Appropriate™ principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meats that dogs are evolved to eat.
- Rich in meat (85%) and protein (38%)
All puppies have sharp teeth and a body designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is designed to nourish your puppy according to his evolutionary and biological needs.
- 85% meat (2/3 FRESH or RAW and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 38% richly nourishing meat protein
- 100% of meat ingredients from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
- NO plant proteins extracts or concentrates (potato or pea protein)
- NO high-glycemic carbohydrates (tapioca, potato, rice)
- NO glutens or grains
- Unmatched fresh meat inclusions (2/3)
Fresh meats are the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the meats are FRESH or RAW, supplying your puppy with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of meats are dehydrated at low temperature for a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- An abundant variety of meats (5)
In nature, puppies benefit from an assortment of meats. This variety is often lost in conventional puppy foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient such as chicken or lamb that is highly processed and seldom fresh.
That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Puppy features a rich diversity of fresh meats in Biologically Appropriate™ WholePrey™ ratios to nourish your puppy’s peak growth and development:
- Fresh free-run Cobb chicken from Prairie farms
- Fresh free-run turkey from Prairie farms
- Fresh and whole nest-laid eggs from Prairie farms
- Fresh, whole Pacific Herring and Flounder, wild-caught from North Vancouver Island
- WholePrey™ meat ratios
WholePrey™ represents the evolution of ORIJEN foods, incorporating fresh meats, organ meats and cartilage in ratios that mirror nature and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic supplements.
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your puppy needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium in natural form your puppy’s body can easily absorb.
- Carbohydrate-limited (20%)
While dogs (and puppies) have no nutritional requirement for carbohydrates, conventional puppy foods still contain large amounts of high-glycemic carbohydrates such as potato and tapioca, which are often cited as a leading cause of obesity and diabetes.
Biologically Appropriate™ ORIJEN Puppy is a protein-rich and carbohydrate-limited food featuring lentils, chickpeas, squash, greens and fruits which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.
ONLY 1 SUPPLEMENT — ZINC
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so dogs and wolves derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive.
That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetics in ORIJEN dog foods. Loaded with nourishing ratios of fresh poultry, organs and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and whole eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your puppy needs to thrive.
Please note images are of 6kg bags only, packaging may vary depending on weight.
85% MEAT | 15% FRUITS & VEGETABLES
Fresh chicken meat (11%), fresh turkey meat (7%), fresh whole eggs (6%), fresh whole herring (6%), fresh chicken liver (5%), fresh whole flounder (5%), fresh turkey liver (5%), fresh chicken heart (4%), fresh turkey heart (4%), fresh chicken necks (4%), chicken (dehydrated, 4%), turkey (dehydrated, 4%), whole mackerel (dehydrated, 4%), whole sardine (dehydrated, 4%), whole herring (dehydrated, 4%), chicken fat (4%), herring oil (2%), whole red lentils, whole green peas, whole green lentils, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, lentil fiber, whole pinto beans, whole navy beans, chicken bone and cartilage (1%), chicken liver (freeze-dried), turkey liver (freeze-dried), fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole zucchini, fresh whole parsnips, fresh carrots, fresh whole red delicious apples, fresh whole bartlett pears, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh beet greens, fresh turnip greens, brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, whole saskatoon berries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium.
ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Zinc chelate: 100 mg.
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Your puppy shares his eating anatomy with the gray wolf – which means he’s evolved for a diet rich and varied in fresh meat, protein and fat – not highly processed carbohydrates and starches.
|Crude protein (Min):||38%|
|Fat content (Min):||20%|
|Crude ash (Min):||8%|
|Crude fibers (Max):||5%|
|Omega-6 fatty acids (Min):||3%|
|Omega-3 fatty acids (Min):||1.1%|
|Glucosamine (Min):||1500 mg/kg|
|Chondroitin sulfate (Min):||1200 mg/kg|
YOUR PUPPY IS UNIQUE
Your puppy is unique and his feeding requirements will vary with his environment, age and activity.
That’s why we suggest starting with the guides below, and then monitoring his weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember always to keep fresh, clean water available.
ORIJEN PUPPY provides more calories from protein and fat and fewer from carbohydrates, providing a calorie distribution that mirrors the natural puppy diet, reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes.
Metabolizable energy is 4000 kcal/kg (520 kcal per 250ml/120g cup) with calories distributed to support peak conditioning; 38% from protein, 17% from vegetables and fruits, and 45% from fat.
Orijen Dry Puppy Food
Want to pay less for your pet food every time?
With AutoShip your pet's favourite food is delivered to your door like clockwork. No more annoying trips to the store or lugging heavy bags of food around.
Your pet's food is delivered on the schedule you choose and will arrive just when you need it. You'll never run out of pet food ever again - AND better still, you'll save on every delivery!
It's super easy to adjust or cancel your order at any time.
AutoShip: it's the fastest, cheapest and easiest way to order your pet's food.
Let's show you how it works...
- Simply choose your pet's favourite food.
- Select how often you'd like it delivered, add it to your cart and head to the checkout.
- The Pet.co.nz delivery team will jump into action, pick and pack your parcel and bring it straight to your door.
- The best thing about AutoShip? Your repeat delivery will arrive like clockwork every few weeks, just when you need it.
Question & Answers
Be the first to ask a question about this productAsk a question
Orijen Dry Puppy Food Reviews
- Good Value (4)
- Dog Likes It (15)
- Easy To Digest (11)
- Nutritional (14)
- Improves Coat (9)
- Tasty (12)
- Expensive (7)
- Active Dogs (2)
- Larger Dogs (1)
- Older Dogs (1)
- Puppies (13)
- Smaller Dogs (1)