Acana Heritage Small Breed Puppy Food Information
Acana Heritage Puppy Small Breed
Acana Puppy Small Breed is bursting with free-run Cobb chicken and whole eggs from local prairie farms, wild-caught flounder from North Vancouver Island, and Okanagan Valley fruits & vegetables – all delivered fresh each day so they’re loaded with goodness.
Prepared from Canada's best and freshest ingredients in our award-winning kitchens, Acana keeps your puppy healthy, happy and strong – guaranteed!
- Fresh local fruit and Vegetables: Acana Small Breed Puppy is loaded with a full 30% of fruits and vegetables, including Red Delicious apples, Bartlett pears, butternut squash, – all delivered fresh each day from our prairie soils and the sun-drenched Okanagan valley so they're bursting with natural goodness to support your puppy's peak health and immunity.
- Low Glycemic low carbohydrate : Rich in protein and low in carbohydrates to match your puppy's natural diet, Acana Puppy large breed is free of high glycemic grains such as rice and corn.
- Luxuriant skin and coat: Infused each morsel of Acana Puppy small breed with marine-source Omega 3 from wild-caught New Brunswick herring to support your puppy's immunity and luxuriant skin & hair coat – your puppy's outer symbol of health and vitality.
- Enhanced metabolism: Acana features organic sea vegetables and botanicals – including juniper berries, lavender flowers, sun-cured alfalfa to enhance metabolism while nourishing and toning your puppy's digestive tract.
New puppy? Check out our puppy essentials page for all the information you need.
Made Specifically For: Puppies up to 9kg at maturity
CANADA’S BEST AND FRESHEST INGREDIENTS
ACANA Heritage Puppy Small Breed features an unmatched variety of local ingredients that are raised or fished by people we know and trust, passed “fit for human consumption”, and then delivered to our award-winning kitchens fresh each day!
Fresh chicken meat (16%), chicken meal (13%), turkey meal (12%), red lentils, whole green peas, fresh chicken giblets (liver, heart, kidney) (7%), chicken fat (7%), fresh whole eggs (4%), fresh whole flounder (4%), herring meal (3%), herring oil (2%), sun-cured alfalfa, green lentils, field beans, whole yellow peas, pea fiber, fresh chicken cartilage (2%), dried brown kelp, fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole parsnips, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh mustard greens, fresh turnip greens, fresh whole carrots, fresh red delicious apples, fresh Bartlett pears, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, fresh whole cranberries, fresh whole blueberries, chicory root, turmeric, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rose hips, enterococcus faecium.
SUPPLEMENTS: ZINC CHELATE. VITAMIN E (PRESERVATIVE)
|Crude Protein (min.)||33.0%|
|Crude Fat (min.)||20.0%|
|Crude Ash (max.)||7.0%|
|Crude Fiber (max.)||5.0%|
|Glucosamine (min.)||1400 mg/kg|
|Chondroitin (min.)||900 mg/kg|
|Linoleic acid (min.)||2.5%|
Your Dog is Unique!
Just like humans every dog is different when it comes to their dietary needs, this means your pets feeding requirements will vary depending on their breed, environment, age and activity. The below table and the information on the bag is to be used as a starting point, it is important to monitor your dogs weight and adjust their rations as needed.
As it takes time for your dogs digestive system to adapt to the different nutrient levels in a new food it is important to transition your dog correctly from one food to the next to reduce the chance of your pet having an upset stomach. We suggest you take 7 days to transition your dog from the old food to the new food. Start with the majority of the old food and a small amount of the new food on day one and slowly increase the proportion of the new food while decreasing the old food until you are feeding 100% of the new food on day 7.
We also recommend feeding your dog twice daily and ensure that your dog always has fresh, clean water available to drink.
Serve dry or slightly moistened. To help maintain freshness, we recommend sealing the bag tightly and storing it in a cool, dry location.
Acana Heritage Small Breed Puppy Food
Estimate delivery time for Heritage Small Breed Puppy Food
Want to pay less for your pet food every time?
With AutoShip your pet's favourite food is delivered to your door like clockwork. No more annoying trips to the store or lugging heavy bags of food around.
Your pet's food is delivered on the schedule you choose and will arrive just when you need it. You'll never run out of pet food ever again - AND better still, you'll save on every delivery!
It's super easy to adjust or cancel your order at any time.
AutoShip: it's the fastest, cheapest and easiest way to order your pet's food.
Let's show you how it works...
- Simply choose your pet's favourite food.
- Select how often you'd like it delivered, add it to your cart and head to the checkout.
- The Pet.co.nz delivery team will jump into action, pick and pack your parcel and bring it straight to your door.
- The best thing about AutoShip? Your repeat delivery will arrive like clockwork every few weeks, just when you need it.
Question & Answers
Be the first to ask a question about this productAsk a question
Acana Heritage Small Breed Puppy Food Reviews
- Good Value (23)
- Dog Likes It (34)
- Easy To Digest (20)
- Nutritional (30)
- Improves Coat (18)
- Tasty (19)
- Expensive (3)
- Hard to Digest (2)
- Causes Irritation (2)
- Puppies (32)
- Smaller Dogs (20)