Royal Canin Maxi Light Weight Care Dry Dog Food Information
It is important to feed large-breed dogs prone to obesity a diet that is a well-balanced, low-energy food and proportionally enriched with all the nutrients to satisfy the animals' needs. It contains all the nutrients a dog needs such as essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals despite restricted calories. A nutritional deficiency and muscle loss in the pet can be caused only by reducing the feeding portions of a normal maintenance diet.
- Customized Kibble Shape: The design of the kibble is one of the key factors that sets Royal Canin apart; they consider all the unique aspects of the animal and design a food is that is easy to pick up and chew.
- Weight Management Support: L-Carnitine (200 mg/kg) helps to burn fat, ensuring that your large breed dog maintains an optimal weight for a healthy lifestyle.
- Appetite Satisfaction: A specially tailored, lower density kibble, combined with exclusive natural flavours and aromas helps to ensure that your large breed dog will enjoy meal time and feel fuller longer, allowing them to achieve an optimal body weight.
- Maintains Muscle Tone: To prevent excess weight gain and maintain your large breed dog at an ideal weight, a low-calorie diet, rich in proteins helps build preserve muscle mass, while also helping to burn fat. High protein (27%) and lower fat levels (13%) help limit weight gain while maintaining your large breed dog's lean muscle mass.
- Healthy Joints: Large breed dogs tend to put a lot of pressure on their joints. The addition of glucosamine (780 mg/kg) and chondroitin (220 mg/kg) helps to protect the joints. Additionally, Omega-3 essential fatty acids from anchovy oil help limit inflammation in joints.
Made Specifically For: Overweight large-breed dogs from 15 months to 5 years of age
Please note that bags weighing 8kg and above do not come with zip lock feature
Check out the video:
COMPOSITION: maize, dehydrated poultry protein, barley, vegetable fibres, maize gluten, vegetable protein isolate*, animal fats, hydrolysed animal proteins, beet pulp, minerals, fish oil, yeasts, fructo-oligo-saccharides, soya oil, hydrolysed crustaceans (source of glucosamine), hydrolysed cartilage(source of chondroitin). ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Vitamin A:16900 IU, Vitamin D3: 900 IU, E1 (Iron): 40 mg, E2 (Iodine): 3.1 mg, E4 (Copper):6 mg, E5 (Manganese): 53 mg, E6 (Zinc): 173 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.06 mg, L-carnitine: 200 mg - Preservatives - Antioxidants. ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein: 27% - Fat content: 11% - Crude ash: 5.8% - Crude fibres: 8.8%. *L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high assimilation.
|Crude fibre (%)||8.8|
|Dietary fibre (%)||19.4|
|Glucosamine plus chondroitin (mg/kg)||500.0|
|Linoleic acid (%)||2.07|
|Metabolisable energy (calculated according to NRC85) (kcal/kg)||3207.0|
|Metabolisable energy (measured) (kcal/kg)||3207.0|
|Nitrogen-free extract (NFE) (%)||37.9|
|Omega 6 (%)||2.09|
|Vitamin A (UI/kg)||25000.0|
|Vitamin C (mg/kg)||200.0|
|Vitamin E (mg/kg)||500.0|
|Folic acid (mg/kg)||9.0|
|Vitamin B1 Thiamin (mg/kg)||3.9|
|Vitamin B2 Riboflavin (mg/kg)||3.6|
|Vitamin B3 Niacin (mg/kg)||14.2|
|Vitamin B5 Pantothenic acid (mg/kg)||33.0|
|Vitamin B6 Pyridoxine (mg/kg)||26.1|
|Vitamin D3 (UI/kg)||1000.0|
Your Dog is Unique!
Just like humans every dog is different when it comes to their dietary needs, this means your pets feeding requirements will vary depending on their breed, environment, age and activity. The below table and the information on the bag is to be used as a starting point, it is important to monitor your dogs weight and adjust their rations as needed.
As it takes time for your dogs digestive system to adapt to the different nutrient levels in a new food it is important to transition your dog correctly from one food to the next to reduce the chance of your pet having an upset stomach. We suggest you take 7 days to transition your dog from the old food to the new food. Start with the majority of the old food and a small amount of the new food on day one and slowly increase the proportion of the new food while decreasing the old food until you are feeding 100% of the new food on day 7.
We also recommend feeding your dog twice daily and ensure that your dog always has fresh, clean water available to drink.
|Adult weight||26 kg||28 kg||30 kg||32 kg||34 kg||36 kg||38 kg||40 kg||42 kg||44 kg|
|Normal Activity||287 g||3+3/8 cup||304 g||3+5/8 cup||320 g||3+6/8 cup||336 g||4 cup||351 g||4+1/8 cup||367 g||4+3/8 cup||382 g||4+4/8 cup||397 g||4+6/8 cup||412 g||4+7/8 cup||426 g||5+1/8 cup|
|Moderate Activity||341 g||4 cup||361 g||4+2/8 cup||380 g||4+4/8 cup||399 g||4+6/8 cup||417 g||5 cup||435 g||5+1/8 cup||453 g||5+3/8 cup||471 g||5+5/8 cup||489 g||5+7/8 cup||506 g||6 cup|
|High Activity||395 g||4+6/8 cup||418 g||5 cup||440 g||5+2/8 cup||461 g||5+4/8 cup||483 g||5+6/8 cup||504 g||6 cup||525 g||6+2/8 cup||546 g||6+4/8 cup||566 g||6+6/8 cup||586 g||7 cup|
Royal Canin Maxi Light Weight Care Dry Dog Food
Want to pay less for your pet food every time?
With AutoShip your pet's favourite food is delivered to your door like clockwork. No more annoying trips to the store or lugging heavy bags of food around.
Your pet's food is delivered on the schedule you choose and will arrive just when you need it. You'll never run out of pet food ever again - AND better still, you'll save on every delivery!
It's super easy to adjust or cancel your order at any time.
AutoShip: it's the fastest, cheapest and easiest way to order your pet's food.
Let's show you how it works...
- Simply choose your pet's favourite food.
- Select how often you'd like it delivered, add it to your cart and head to the checkout.
- The Pet.co.nz delivery team will jump into action, pick and pack your parcel and bring it straight to your door.
- The best thing about AutoShip? Your repeat delivery will arrive like clockwork every few weeks, just when you need it.
Question & Answers
Be the first to ask a question about this productAsk a question
Royal Canin Maxi Light Weight Care Dry Dog Food Reviews
- Good Value (7)
- Dog Likes It (7)
- Easy To Digest (3)
- Nutritional (4)
- Improves Coat (1)
- Tasty (3)
- Active Dogs (1)
- Larger Dogs (4)
- Older Dogs (3)