The Best, Safest Chew Toys For Your Dog
Some chew hard, some chew gently, but most dogs do chew, and its up to us as owners to provide suitable toys and treats so they can have an outlet for this normal, healthy behaviour.
One of the most popular questions we are asked at Pet.co.nz is, “What toys can I buy my dog that he won’t destroy in seconds? He is always chewing our things, and anything we give him doesn’t last long.”
The answer is Nylabone.
Nylabone is one of our top brands and also one of my favourite toys for those dogs who love to chew when home alone.
Nylabone is made in the USA and has been providing dogs with durable chews since 1955. Their non-edible range is made from tough durable nylon with multiple textures for increased chewing appeal, while the ridge and nub designs provide dental stimulation and chewing satisfaction. Their bright colours and funky designs make them a fun toy for owners to shop for, and for your dogs to enjoy.
The Nylabone range includes multiple brands that cater to all life stages and styles. From the young to the old, the big to the small, and from moderate chewers through to the most powerful chewers.
- Made of tough, durable nylon
- Multiple textures for increased chewing appeal
- Designed for the toughest chewers
- Non edible.
- Made of flexible thermoplastic polymer
- Safe and satisfying non edible chew
- Designed for moderate chewers.
- Dental nubs help to massage gums
- Helps control plaque and tartar
- Available for both powerful and moderate chewers.
- Non edible
- Designed for teething and active puppies
- Encourages positive play and healthy chewing habits
- Keep them happy, busy and entertained
- Available in many textures and materials to satisfy the needs of your puppy.
- Edible dental chews
- Cleans teeth and freshens breath
- Reduces tartar
- Gluten free formula for easy digestion
- No preservatives, added salt or sugar.
All dogs have different chewing styles, even within the same breed, so choosing the correct size and type of Nylabone is important, and when chosen appropriately a Nylabone can provide your pooch with months of chewing pleasure.
Written by The Pet.co.nz
Written by The Pet.co.nz Team
A team of specialists with backgrounds in animal nursing, animal care, and all things pet related.